The PTA is our Parent-Teacher Association, and the core of our school family! We ask that every family join the PTA, because it benefits all of us– students, teachers and parents alike. The dues ($10 per member) are used in support of our teachers, the purchase of materials for incentive programs and field trips, and for events we hold throughout the year.
How Can You Support the GHES PTA
- Become a member! Your $10 contribution helps support our teachers, purchase materials for incentive programs and field trips, and hold events throughout the year. Join here.
- Volunteer. Whether you can support us with a case of water for an event, for example, work at an event for an hour or two, or choose to serve on a committee, we value your support! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our volunteer list.
The PTA Board meets the first Friday of every month and board meetings are open to the entire GHES community.
It is a great way to be informed about the fun events in store for our school community! Check the calendar for meeting location and time details.
There will also be three General Meetings for the PTA members over the course of the year. To accommodate parents’ schedules, General Meetings will take place either in the morning as soon as school starts and last a very short time, or in the evening to coincide with a school-wide family event.
PTA Membership Dues at Work
ONGOING ACADEMIC SUPPORT
- Provide stipends to teachers to purchase additional supplies for their classrooms, up to $100 each.
- Pay for Accelerated Reading Program incentives for the children such as t-shirts, quarterly celebrations, and a final pizza party for those students who met 100% of their AR Goal.
- Provide breakfasts, lunches, and gifts for Teacher and Staff Appreciation throughout the year.
- Provide support to the Music and Art Programs through Field Trips to the High Museum and to sing at the IB World Concert, as well as supplies for the Music Room.
ONGOING SOCIAL AND ENRICHMENT EVENTS
- The Annual Shakespeare Performance each Spring
- Talent Show
- International Dinner
- Loteria Game Night
- Movie Night
- 3rd-5th Grade Dance
- Fall Festival
- Provide scholarships to students for after school enrichment.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
- Support the Learning Gardens. Teachers are now using the gardens to teach lessons in math, science, and stewardship.
RECENT EQUIPMENT & SCHOOL BEAUTIFICATION PROJECTS
- Purchased foyer rug with Garden Hills Elementary School logo
- Purchased and installed movie screen in the Gymnasium and Media Center
- Installed coat and backpack hooks outside classrooms
- Purchased the digital marquee monument in front of the school
- Purchased a state-of-the-art copier
- Facilitated Pressure Washing for the school
- Courtyard Upgrade with new slate and picnic tables
- Replaced outdated sound system with an upgrade to a portable sound system for the Auditorium and Gym
- Purchased new portable stage lighting