WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE GO TEAM?
On September 25, 2015, the State Board of Education voted unanimously to approve the Atlanta Public Schools charter system application during its state board meeting. A charter system is a school district that operates under a performance-based contract between the local board and the state board of education. Under the Charter System, Atlanta Public Schools would gain freedom and flexibility from many state education laws and regulations in exchange for increased accountability for student achievement.
A key element to charter system is moving decision-making closer to where learning takes place. That means leaving decisions to the school system and to the schools within the system. It also means involving more people in the decision making process. To this end, implementing a “Go Team” for each school is the method the school system has decided upon to get the community, parents and teachers involved in decision making to maximize educational opportunities for our students.
Our new Go Team was voted in by election in Spring of 2016. Most members will serve a 2-year term.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR GHES GO TEAM:
Stacey Abbott, Principal
Dr. Kimberly Kleiss
INFORMATION REGARDING OUR GO TEAM MEETINGS
GO Team Meeting dates will be posted on our school calendar. Public commentary will be welcomed at select meetings, announced in advance. Please read the following for information regarding protocol for addressing the GO Team at such meetings:
GO TEAM PUBLIC COMMENT FORMAT- GARDEN HILLS ELEMENTARY
- Up to 20 minutes will be set aside for public commentary at select meetings. Public comment is open to all.
- 15 minutes prior to all Go Team Meetings a clip board will be posted for anyone who wishes to sign up to address the Go Team. The speaker will indicate their name and topic of address.
- The principal will introduce the Speakers
- Each speaker will have 2 minutes to share with the Go Team.
- The GO Team will not directly address concerns, but may add items to future agendas or later assist speakers with needs.
- The Vice Chairperson will time the speakers and at 2:00 minutes thank them for sharing.
- If there are no speakers for public commentary at the published meeting start time the Go Team will proceed with their agenda.
- If there are more than 10 speakers for any public commentary, only the first 10 will have the opportunity to speak at the meeting.
JANUARY 9, 2018
DECEMBER 5, 2017
NOVEMBER 8, 2017 WORK SESSION AGENDA
OCTOBER 24, 2017 MEETING SUMMARY AGENDA
SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 MEETING SUMMARY
AUGUST 9, 2017 MEETING SUMMARY
APPROVED MINUTES MAY 23. 2017 GO TEAM MEETING
MAY 23,2017 MEETING SUMMARY
AGENDA FOR MAY 23,2017
MINUTES FOR MARCH 30, 2017 “CALLED MEETING” (NO AGENDA)
MINUTES FOR MARCH 21,2017 MEETING
AGENDA FOR MARCH 21, 2017
GHES SCHOOL BUDGET 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
APPROVED MINUTES FEBRUARY 2, 2017 GO TEAM MEETING
FEBRUARY 2, 2017 MEETING SUMMARY
AGENDA FOR FEBRUARY 2, 2017 GO TEAM MEETING
APPROVED MINUTES JANUARY 17, 2017 GO TEAM MEETING
APPROVED MINUTES DECEMBER 8 GO TEAM MEETING
AGENDA FOR JANUARY 17, 2017 GO TEAM MEETING
DECEMBER 8, 2016 MEETING SUMMARY
AGENDA FOR DECEMBER 8 GO TEAM MEETING
APPROVED MINUTES SEPTEMBER 29 MEETING
OCTOBER 27, 2016 MEETING SUMMARY
AGENDA FOR OCTOBER 27 GO TEAM MEETING
SEPTEMBER 29 & OCTOBER 3, 2016 MEETING SUMMARY
AGENDA FOR SEPTEMBER 29,2016 GO TEAM MEETING
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS FOR GO TEAM MEETING 8/25/2016 AGENDA
1. 2016-2017 Officers were elected:
Dr. Kimberly Kleiss, Chairperson
Keith Woodbury, Vice-Chairperson
Krista Reilly, Secretary
Kiza Draut, Cluster Representative
2. Meeting norms were approved and adopted.