100 DAYS OF GIVING
Did you know that gifts of all sizes make a difference? Last year, over half of the gifts to Garden Hills Elementary were less than $100. Each and everyone’s participation is critical to the success of the campaign.
Give Online: Donate to the Foundation through our secure online portal.
Si! Queremos apoyar a la Fundación con una donación.
Acorns to Oaks Foundation
2870 Peachtree Road, #356
Atlanta, GA 30305
Give via Stock Payment: Great News! The Acorns to Oaks Foundation is now able to accept donations via a stock payment. Shares of stock can be applied as your contribution to the Giving Campaign. Please email Kelly Moyer, Treasurer of A2O at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
IN MORE CONVENTIONAL SCHOOL YEARS, HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOUR GIFT HAS HELPED GROW AN ACORN INTO A MIGHTY OAK…
GROW A SCHOOL: $5,000 provides IB (International Baccalaureate) training for 5 teachers.
GROW THE ARTS: $3,000 funds the Shakespeare Program for 1 year.
GROW A TEACHER: $1,000 provides Orton-Gillingham literacy training for 1 teacher.
GROW A GRADE: $750 provides one High Touch, High Tech in-school field trip for an entire grade.
GROW A PROGRAM: $250 provides 10 students access to online learning programs (iXL, Math Seeds and I-Station).
GROW A CLASS: $100 funds one teacher grant for classroom supplies.
During this unprecedented school year, your support for the children at Garden Hills is more important than ever. Given the COVID pandemic, Acorns to Oaks is committed to identifying new ways to best support our students, teachers and administration, whether that be with virtual or eventual in person learning. Prior to the start of school, the administration requested $8,000 for emergency supplies for students and teachers, which Acorns to Oaks quickly allocated. We continue to work with Garden Hills’ administration and teachers to provide any additional funding to help our community navigate virtual learning. We will continue to update this webpage as needs are identified and funding is allocated. Thanks to the Garden Hills Community for your continued support!
Donations at or above $1000 will receive tickets to Evening in the Garden if the event is able to be held in Spring 2021. For more details on the various benefits for the various giving levels, please click here.
YOUR DOLLARS AT WORK
Acorns to Oaks will operate entirely on contributions from the Garden Hills Elementary community including businesses, charitable foundations, GHES families and alumni.
Here are some of the programs and projects that the Acorns to Oaks Foundation has supported:
- Orton-Gillingham Approach teacher training. This program is based on a multisensory approach to learning that combines auditory, kinesthetic, and visual techniques with the structure of the English language to benefit not only students with learning challenges such as dyslexia, but to promote language capabilities for all learners.
- Specialized teacher grants for teaching professionals seeking additional materials and resources that support areas of study, special projects and grade level initiatives in their classroom.
- Annual Shakespeare in Residency production. Through a partnership with the Georgia Shakespeare Festival, Garden Hills has been privileged to host a spring production of a classic tale featuring our students for the last 20 years. GHES even received the 2013 Spirit of Will Award at the Georgia Shakespeare’s Bard Bash in honor of its achievements and longevity with the program. With continuing contributions from donors like you, we have been able to offer multiple showings to fellow students, teachers, and alumni free of charge.
- Captain Planet teacher training in Learning Gardens. Learning Gardens provide a context for multidisciplinary learning, ranging from nutrition and science to social, studies, math and language arts. With a modest 2-year grant from the Captain Planet Foundation, teachers, parents and students began to revitalize the flower and vegetable gardens on school grounds and create a transformative learning environment for our students. With continued donations this year, we hope to train four more teachers how to integrate the gardens into our children’s’ overall learning process.
- Enhanced Language Instructional program in Spanish. Tools, professional development and instructional materials that allow students unique opportunities to speak, write, sing and role play in Spanish.