Acorns to Oaks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to raise money to support enriching educational opportunities for every child at Garden Hills Elementary.
Tax-deductible donations to the Foundation support the Garden Hills Elementary wish-list:
• International Baccalaureate Primary Years Instructional (IB PYP) Programming: Did you know that Garden Hills Elementary was the first APS school to achieve IB accreditation in 2006? With your generous donations, the Foundation ensures professional development for teachers as well as software and subscriptions that allow teachers to plan and implement lessons and document student work within the 6 Units of Inquiry, each school year.
• Spanish Dual Immersion program for kindergarten and first grade with rigorous language and content instruction daily in English and Spanish. This program will expand with the current first grade class and by 2020, Garden Hills Elementary will have dual language from K through 5th grade.
• Orton Gillingham training to support early literacy skills using a sensory approach for students who may be struggling to learn to read.
• Field trips and performances both in-school as well as away from school to enhance student learning and exposure to rich cultural and engaging academic experiences in the community and beyond.
• Support for our Learning Gardens which allows students to see how healthy fruits, vegetables, and herbs are grown on campus during the school year. Each class has a garden bed to provide students opportunities to plant, care for and harvest healthy foods like kale, carrots, pumpkins, lettuce and watermelon.
Support Garden Hills’ legacy of excellence TODAY by…
Giving to the Acorns to Oaks Foundation…
- Ensures an excellent education for all students
- Strengthens the quality of teaching teams
- Enhances the caliber of our academic and enrichment programs
- Improves campus facilities and services
- Inspires others to give
- Alumni giving is a vote of confidence and other types of donors (such as corporations and foundations) want to know they’re investing in an institution that has the support of its community. Every gift truly does matter.
EVERY GIFT TRULY DOES MATTER!
Acorns to Oaks Foundation
2870 Peachtree Road, #356
Atlanta, GA 30305
Tax ID: 45-2043255