Front Office: 404-802-7800
School Fax: 404-802-9375 (new 2017)
Garden Hills Elementary serves nutritious breakfast and lunch from Monday through Friday. Students are encouraged to eat healthy meals to optimize their learning and health.
- Breakfast is served daily from 7:30 until 7:50 a.m.
- Students who arrive by car or walk must arrive by 7:40 a.m. to be served.
- Students who ride APS buses will be served upon arrival.
- A nutritious lunch is served daily.
- Students may purchase a school lunch (see below for details) or bring a lunch from home.
The menus for breakfast and lunch will be posted once school starts at www.atlantapublicschoolsnutrition.us. To set up an account for prepaid meals, click Pre-Payment Options on the webpage. You will need your child’s student ID number, which may be obtained by calling the front office at 404.802.7800, or simply by contacting your child ’s teacher. You may also send money with your child- cash only please. We cannot accept checks.
- APS provides a Bus Stop Locator to determine your bus route, number, pick up and drop off times.
- APS publishes the bus routes before the start of school. Bus routes are updated on Friday afternoons.
- Review the Atlanta Public School (APS) Bus Stop Procedures and Bus Safety and Conduct Standards with your child.
- Drivers will report to school administration children who violate bus safety rules. Administration has the authority to suspend the student from bus transportation.
Changes in Bus Transportation:
You must provide written permission no later than 2 p.m. to the school secretary if your child will be:
- Riding a different bus or
- Getting off the bus at a different stop
If you’re concerned that your child’s bus is late, call the APS bus line: 404-802-5500.
- Monitor APS bus routes.
- All bus stop changes are updated and posted by 8:00 a.m. every Friday.
- New/modified bus routes become effective Monday of each week.
Kindergarten Bus Riders:
- Plan for an adult to be present to receive kindergarten students from the afternoon bus. If no adult is present, the drivers are instructed to return students to the school.
- For the first weeks of school put a bag tag on your children’s backpacks with their bus number, bus stop location, and a contact name and number.
APS Transportation Contacts