Front Office: 404-802-7800
School Fax: 404-802-9375 (new 2017)
Garden Hills Elementary serves nutritious breakfast and lunch from Monday through Friday. Students are encouraged to eat healthy meals to optimize their learning and health.
- Breakfast is served daily from 7:30 until 7:50 a.m.
- Students who arrive by car or walk must arrive by 7:40 a.m. to be served.
- Students who ride APS buses will be served upon arrival.
- A nutritious lunch is served daily.
- Students may purchase a school lunch or bring a lunch from home.
You will find more information about the lunch and breakfast menus at the APS site
For the Online Meal Payment plan visit School Payment Solutions
- APS provides a Bus Stop Locator to determine your bus route, number, pick up and drop off times.
- APS publishes the bus routes before the start of school. Bus routes are updated on Friday afternoons.
- Review the Atlanta Public School (APS) Bus Stop Procedures and Bus Safety and Conduct Standards with your child.
- Drivers will report to school administration children who violate bus safety rules. Administration has the authority to suspend the student from bus transportation.
Changes in Bus Transportation:
You must provide written permission no later than 2 p.m. to the school secretary if your child will be:
- Riding a different bus or
- Getting off the bus at a different stop
If you’re concerned that your child’s bus is late, call the APS bus line: 404-802-5500.
- Monitor APS bus routes.
- All bus stop changes are updated and posted by 8:00 a.m. every Friday.
- New/modified bus routes become effective Monday of each week.
Kindergarten Bus Riders:
- Plan for an adult to be present to receive kindergarten students from the afternoon bus. If no adult is present, the drivers are instructed to return students to the school.
- For the first weeks of school put a bag tag on your children’s backpacks with their bus number, bus stop location, and a contact name and number.
APS Transportation Contacts