GARDEN HILLS ELEMENTARY DRESS CODE
Starting in the 2021/22 school year, GHES has loosened our dress code to provide our little ones with more opportunity to express who they are.
- Clothing, hairstyles, and jewelry must not cause a disruption or constitute a health or safety hazard.
- Clothing, including spirit wear, must be modest and of appropriate length and fit. Extremely tight clothing, sagging shorts or trousers, or baggy, oversized clothing is not permitted.
- Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain words or symbols that are gang-related, offensive, insulting, embarrassing, sexually suggestive, obscene, or promote illegal behavior.
- Clothing and/or jewelry must not contain any advertisement or display of words or symbols associated with alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times and must not be visible. Pants that sit below the waistline are not allowed. Students are only allowed to wear pajamas on school-sanctioned special days.
- Caps, hats, head wraps, bandanas, hoods, or other head coverings must not be worn in the school building during the school day unless there is a special activity where they are deemed appropriate by the school principal.
- Appropriate shoes, those that fit and allow for safe movement throughout the school, must be worn at all times at school and school-sponsored activities. 8. In accordance with the recommendations of public health officials, the wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g., face coverings, masks, etc.) by students may be required as part of the student dress code.
- Students should wear close-toed shoes. Sandals and flip flops are not permitted.
Every Friday is a Spirit Day. Students may wear jeans with a GHES t-shirt, AR (Accelerated Reader) t-shirt, or Field Day t-shirt. You may purchase a GHES t-shirt by completing this online t-shirt form.
While not required, clothing embroidered with the GHES logo is available at Lands’ End . Shop online under their School Uniforms Category; our Preferred School Number is 900134719.